I always recommend spending a good portion of the youth football off-season reviewing the past year. You want to continue to do what works and get rid of what didn’t. If this is the first year running a different offense or defense this is especially true. I remember the first year we ran the Single Wing offense with 8-9 year-olds we had such an occurrence. Our Running Back position decided to cut every power play to the outside.
The power play is an inside run where you must follow the lead backs to the hole. By trying to cut the run to the outside he was abandoning the blockers and was getting tackled for small or no gains. I learned that when coaching the young kids you really need to make sure they understand the importance of the play being run the way it is shown in practice.
It is best to wait a few months after the youth football season ends to reflect on what actually happened on the previous year. Is important to make sure you can differentiate from what really happened versus what you thought happened. There has been many times when I felt we were doing one thing well by the end of the year and I was dead wrong. By waiting a few months you can clear your mind and review the past year looking for anything that will help you be a better coach in the upcoming year.
Every year you coach a different age or skill level you’ll find things that have worked from previous years at previous levels, and things that do not. You must be honest with yourself and realize that not all things work best at all levels. I always keep an entire log with detailed notes of the entire year. It is a wonderful reference for future years. I start each year by grabbing the binder from a previous year that most closely resembles the age and talent level I will be coaching this year.
Beware that each New Year will bring you new talent. What may have succeeded last year may not be appropriate for the upcoming youth football season. Make sure you keep an open mind at the beginning of the season before you make any final decisions.
From the word go, the Football season seems provide a plethora of reasons to eat badly. It starts near Labor Day, and goes right on past to New Years. Typically during this time of year our eating habits include foods and drinks that are so delicious, yet carry negative effects.
So I thought how could someone have a fun football (holiday for the Ms.) season, and still fit in their clothes that they wore during pre-season. Below are 10 that could possibly help you reach that goal they may seem like no brainers, but if you take heed you will survive another year without moving to the next waist size. Enjoy the season.
1. First things first, don’t even think about dieting during the holiday season. That is, don’t start a new diet. Your biggest goal during our most favorite season is to maintain your weight. This way you can partake in your favorite beverage and snacks without any guilt.
2. Another good way to avoid packin’ on the pudge is to stay seated, and far away from the food table.
3. Something simple and delicious. I would recommend bringing a light dip with either multigrain or wheat bread, so you have something that is somewhat healthy to munch on. There is a company (I think it has the title of chef in its name) that sells dips and breads that anyone can make, and are a healthy alternative to normal snacks. Just ask your wife, girlfriend, or any woman where you can find a beer bread mix.
4. The beverages tend to favorites for many during this time of year, so be wise in your selection. If you must have a mixed drink, try something like a clear liquor and diet soda, a light or ultra light beer, or a nice glass of wine. I know wine doesn’t scream manly, but it is an alternative. Remember this shouldn’t be painful, just well thought-out.
5. Good or bad, football games tend to be lengthy, use this to your advantage, and take part in the eating and drinking at a slow pace. The slower your intake, the better chance you will fit in those size 38′s come spring time.
6. Chase the kids, or take a walk, whatever it is, make sure you keep up on some type of activity other than couch coaching, and channel surfing. Winter time is hard enough for many people with the cold and darkness, so some activity will help you gain or maintain physical and mental acuity.
7. Eat at home before you head to the football stadium, or over a buddies house. This should help prevent a complete submersion in to the food and drinks. Believe me when I tell you, you will feel much better knowing you don’t have to drive home with your pants unbuttoned, either because of pressure or an untimely stomach pain.
8. Eat some chicken wings, not the entire chicken. I think that’s clear, and best of all it applies to all food! And anyway, who wants to get stains all over their new Dallas Terrell Owens jersey.
9. If you have the chance to host a football game, stack the odds on your side by putting veggies, and light snacks out rather than the pizza and wings. I mean really, do we as men pay any attention to what we eat while we are watching a game. So long as the drinks are cold, and our food crunches, we are in heaven.
10. This rule applies all year long. Stay far and away from fast food joints. It may seem like a good idea while you’re on your way to the game, but we all know it’s not filling, and it’s to exit.
Learn about the Imaginext Batman Vehicle Set.
Football Work Out Programs
No matter how sore you are, you can not afford to slack off on your football strength training program in season!
I got a call last night from a panicked football player. He started off the season with a bang, dominating everyone on the line.
But, since then, his progress has been going backwards. His coaches are complimenting his technique, but he’s starting to get beat. He’s slower off the ball and his “pop” is gone, according to him.
So, I asked what his strength training workouts are looking like these days.
“Um, we really don’t lift much in-season. We’re too sore and when we do, we just try to maintain.”
There’s the problem.
You must continue to train hard and heavy in the weightroom during the season. You spent all off season going all out in your football training program, why let it all go to waste?
Next week I’m gonna give you guys the big, In-Season Football Strength Training Report, but, until then, here is a quick example of one of my old in-season strength workouts. Football Work Out Programs
This workout was done on a thursday and our games were played on Saturday night. This is from the ’05 season.
Front Squats – 8 x 1 @ 85% of max, 1 x 1 @ 90%Push Press – 6 x 2 @ 85%
Again, quick and to the point, work the shoulders and tris and get done
Clean Pulls- 6 x 3
Olympic Lifting assistance exercises are excellent for in season football strength training because they allow you to work explosively but can completely cut out the eccentric, or lowering, portion of the movement
The lowering phase is where most soreness occurs
Curls- 3 x 8
Behind the Head Extension – 3 x 8 (superset with curls)
Yes, yes, even I have my vainity moments. Hey, who doesn’t want huge guns hanging out of your jersey? I know most of you guys spend more time taping your sleeves up than you do on your homework.
The purpose of this in-season strength workout is to:
Continue to push your strength levels (focus on just maintaining and you’ll backslide)
Work the muscles hard without causing extreme soreness
Get as strong as possible so you don’t lose speed or explosiveness. Football Work Out Programs
Want to get fit and Gain Muscle?
Read more about Football Work Out Programs and start Gaining Muscle Now!
Try Football Work Out Programs and Change your Figure Right now!
More Tips On Football Articles
Ah, it’s that time of year again. The kids are back to school, tree leaves are turning brilliant colors and the air is cooler. Something else happens this time of year – fans are getting ready for pro football season! Many Americans might say it’s the most wonderful time of year. What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than watching your favorite sport on television?
Now that there is no further threat of losing the NFL season due to the labor strife, fans of pro football can gear up and get ready to watch their favorite teams in action. Pour that ice cold beer, bring out the chips and salsa and grab the remote! True football fans know that the best place to get their gear is at the NFL Shop!
The Official Online Store of the NFL is the number one website in which you can customize all of your favorite pro football gear. Choose from a variety of authentic NFL jerseys for the whole family, officially authorized by the NFL. Feel like your favorite quarterback by customizing a jersey with your name and number. Hats, t-shirts and sweatshirts are also available and can be customized so you can show your pride for your team. You can even personalize your home or office with official NFL merchandise so you can be surrounded by your favorite team all year long.
You can browse the site by category or by team to find just what you’re looking for at the NFL shop. There is a wide variety of items available for men, women and kids of all shapes and sizes, including Big and Tall. Show your support for your favorite player by visiting the Player Shop page; or, check out the Outlet section, where you can find great deals for up to 60% off official NFL merchandise. There is simply no better place to find a selection of clearance NFL clothing than the NFL Shop Online.
There is something for everyone at the NFL Shop Online, including everything you need for your tailgating needs. Grills, coolers, barbeque sets, grill covers, tables, folding chairs, tailgating tents and yard awnings are all available with the logo of your favorite team. There will be no mistaking who you are cheering for! Items for your car or truck can also be purchased so you can show off your NFL team pride. License plate frames, floor mats, flags and even bubbleheads will let everyone know who you think is #1 in the NFL.
Your home office can be decorated with pro football products that are exclusively available from the NFL shop. There are dozens of items that can liven up your office space: coffee mugs, lamps, clocks, authentic framed pictures, rugs, and coasters. You’ll be able to think about NFL even when your team isn’t playing.
Don’t forget about the NFL Shop’s collectible items; here you can find autographed photos, helmets, jerseys, pro football cards and a myriad of other collectibles. With the NFL Shop, you’ll be sure to find what you’re looking for, at prices that won’t break your budget.
Find out how to get all of your pro football official NFL merchandise and memorabilia for great prices. With MyReviewsNow.net and the NFL Online Shop you can find everything you need to support your favorite team.
From the word go, the Football season seems provide a plethora of reasons to eat badly. It starts near Labor Day, and goes correct on past to New Years. Usually during this time of year our consuming habits include foods and drinks that are so delicious, yet carry negative effects.
So I thought how could a person have a enjoyable football (holiday for the Ms.) season, and still fit in their clothes that they wore in the course of pre-season. Below are 10 that could possibly assist you to reach that objective they might appear like no brainers, but if you take heed you may survive another year without having moving to the next waist size. Enjoy the season.
1. Very first issues first, dont even take into consideration dieting throughout the holiday season. That is, do not commence a new diet plan. Your biggest goal throughout our most favorite season is to maintain your weight. This way you’ll be able to partake within your favorite beverage and snacks without having any guilt.
2. Yet another great way to stay away from packin on the pudge would be to remain seated, and far away from the food table.
3. Something straightforward and delicious. I would suggest bringing a light dip with either multigrain or wheat bread, so you have some thing that’s somewhat healthy to munch on. There is a company (I think it has the title of chef in its name) that sells dips and breads that anybody can make, and are a healthy alternative to normal snacks. Just ask your wife, girlfriend, or any woman where you are able to find a beer bread mix.
4. The beverages tend to favorites for several throughout this time of year, so be wise inside your selection. Should you must have a mixed drink, attempt some thing like a clear liquor and diet plan soda, a light or ultra light beer, or a nice glass of wine. I know wine doesnt scream manly, however it is an alternative. Remember this shouldnt be painful, just well thought-out.
5. Excellent or bad, football games tend to be lengthy, use this to your advantage, and take part within the consuming and drinking at a slow pace. The slower your intake, the much better chance you’ll fit in those size 38s come spring time.
6. Chase the children, or take a walk, whatever it really is, make certain you maintain up on some type of activity apart from couch coaching, and channel surfing. Winter time is difficult sufficient for many people with the cold and darkness, so some activity will enable you to gain or preserve physical and mental acuity.
7. Eat at home prior to you head to the football stadium, or over a buddies home. This need to help avoid a total submersion in to the food and drinks. Think me when I tell you, you may feel significantly far better realizing you dont need to drive home with your pants unbuttoned, either since of pressure or an untimely stomach discomfort.
8. Eat some chicken wings, not the whole chicken. I think thats clear, and very best of all it applies to all food! And anyway, who wants to obtain stains all over their new Dallas Terrell Owens jersey.
9. When you have the opportunity to host a football game, stack the odds on your side by putting veggies, and light snacks out rather than the pizza and wings. I mean really, do we as men pay any attention to what we eat although we’re watching a game. So lengthy as the drinks are cold, and our food crunches, we are in heaven.
10. This rule applies all year lengthy. Stay far and away from quickly food joints. It might seem like a good thought whilst you are on your approach to the game, but we all know its not filling, and it is to exit.
When it comes to best supplements for weight loss getting the right information can be a daunting task. That’s why we put together this confidential report for you at weight loss supplements
Find More Tips On Football Articles